Monday 26 September 2016

Carry on

Why is it I always feel like blogging when I feel sad.  I should be able to write when I'm overflowing with Joy as well.  But hah I seem to have lost my Joy at the moment.  Don't know where it has fucked off to quite honestly.   I seem to be faced with a new challenge each day, be it I have a broken heart, which doesn't help matters.  So I better cheer up and tell my Joy it can come back now cos I've had enough sulking.  It's time to move on  and get on with things i.e. my life !  Oh yes, that's right I do have one.

I don't know where I get it from, but when I get down and out I get very determined, so I got up the ladder with my moon boot on cos I have a fractured foot, with a bottle of wine, and I painted the hallway in my house.  One moment cursing, the next moment crying lol.  It's really just sheer grit and determination to not stay down, to get back up, to fight back, to carry on, to bounce back, and that's my way.  I injure myself a lot lol.

Does anyone else do that sort of shit ?

So due to all the emotional stress, THE Eczema (I'm not calling it MY Eczema anymore),  rares its ugly head, and I start scratching. Extra measures are required to clear it up.  First of all kick the anxiety away and calm down. Second of all, watch my diet !  Third of all, I NEED a ticket to Rarotonga where I don't know anyone and I am forced to relax with Pina Coladas on the beach with a book.

I am so happy to be a Healthcare Assistant to the Elderly, I love it.  They lift my spirits, put a smile on my face, help me to keep a sense of humour, and I stop thinking about me.  Don't we get so tired of thinking of ourselves sometimes ?  I do !  Ok for me to write this I must be getting my Joy back.  YAY!  Just get all the way back now.








5 comments:

  1. my answer to your " why do I always feel like blogging when I'm sad'... maybe it's a release of the crap feelings... I love your writings.. such a wonderful Burton talent.. my sister has it, my daughter has it too.. not me though... so sad or not Gaelene we're all there with you on your journery.... fingers crossed for that magical ticket to an exotic island to be pampered and adorned (whoops to the spelling) much love from me - Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol I feel so encouraged by you. I never knew there was a writing talent in the Burton family. What is your sisters name and your daughters please ? Wow it is so nice to know family have got my back. Im glad you like my writings thanks for the feedback. Showers of love to you. Gaelene

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sister is Joanne Burton, lives in Auz and I haven't seen her since our dad passed 10 years ago... breaks my heart and my daughter is Rebecca Baker whoops now wants to be known as Rebecca Burton.... she has self -published through Amazon :) strange huh, we're cousins, yet we don't know that much about each other, grew up in the same town, went to the same schools, are the same age but almost strangers..... we need to fix this.... sending a private message through facebook xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we must fix this I am looking forward to seeing you soon . Who was your Dad and then I will know the connection ? Wow congrats to your daughter self published that's awesome I would like to know how she went about doing that. Can't wait to see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete